Supervision of Subordinates
Operations, Maintenance & Diagnosis
- Organise and supervise the activities and work of a small team of subordinates predominantly Inspectors to ensure that all work within the scope of inspection is carried out in an efficient and procedurally compliant manner.
- Inspects and assesses the condition of QSTec Plant Asserts at the required frequency, in accordance with the Company’s Quality and inspection code i.e. ASME, API, AWS, and compiles written inspection reports on the findings and recommendations, puts in repair recommendations to user Departments.
- Observe, study and monitor operations equipment to ensure conformance to design and specifications and make or order necessary changes or adjustments related to mechanical , electrical , instrument and controls, structures, process etc
- Record inspection or data, such as temperatures, lube oil analysis, electrical motor condition monitoring for reference and reports
- Conduct and Prepare RCA, RCFA, analysis on machine protection system against Vibration, pressure, temperature, process parameters etc with the support of SME & Discuss inspection results with those responsible and recommend necessary corrective actions.
- Analyze and interpret blueprints, data, manuals, and other materials to determine specifications, inspection and testing procedures, adjustment and certification methods, formulas, and measuring instruments required.
- Checks and approves structure modifications associated with plant and equipment in accordance with the Company’s procedures for such work.
- Checks, approves modification and Carry out inspection on Plant steel structure, gratings, roofing/canopies, and operator cabins, for the entire QSTec, in a scheduled inspection basis to reflect RBI guideline objectives.
- Advises and recommend required repairs or replacements to defective plant and equipment and carries out further inspections after repair work to ensure conformity to approved standards and codes.
- Carries out other related duties, such as keeping abreast of new technical methods of inspection, especially in the field of non-destructive testing, carrying out inspection and certification of all forms of lifting tackle and lifting machines, etc.
- Directs and supervises the activities of Corrosion thickness measurement.
- Plans, establishes and supervises Plant Inspection scheduling, reporting and recording systems to conform with the requirements of QSTec accepted code of practice for inspection and testing. Includes liaising with the Planning Department for scheduling of equipment due for inspection and maintaining Asset integrity management program for all the equipment which are deemed as process safety critical.
- Maintains Plant and Equipment ‘overdue for inspection’ schedules and takes appropriate control action.
- Reviews all new and modification development work to advise on construction standards, material selection and testing requirements in line with company and international standards.
- Ensures that safe operating and maintenance procedures related to inspection activities are followed, and counsels employees about compliance with safe working procedures as necessary.
- Carries out other related or similar duties, such as enforcing safe maintenance procedures coordinating welder performance testing, preparing various specialized, technical and engineering reports, etc.
- Measure dimensions to verify conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as rulers, calipers, gauges, or micrometers. Read dials or meters to verify that equipment is functioning at specified levels.
- Compute defect percentages or averages, using formulas and calculators, and prepare reports of inspection or test findings.
- Disassemble defective parts and components with the maintenance team, such as inaccurate or worn gauges and measuring instruments, using hand tools.
- Administer tests to engineers and operators to assess whether they are qualified to use equipment.
- Notify supervisors and other personnel of production problems, and assist in identifying and correcting these problems.
- Support in conducting any required NDT inspection along the QA/QC Engineer for any new/ existing works or modification, RBI inspection through UT, DPT method etc
- Assist the maintenance planner in preparing scope of work, including specifications, drawings parts of tender documents for any inspection job
- Attend start-up, testing and commissioning of equipment at plant facilities and report on acceptability.
- Review the manpower requirements, mobilization & monitoring/follow up with contractors for all the services required during any major activities in coordination with maintenance planner.
- Provide support to ensure risk free based maintenance tasks and plans
- Establish techniques, procedures, interpreting codes, recommending test methods, techniques and procedures for any assets as per the QSTec requirement
- Perform inspection in accordance with the ITP for new equipment’s or RBI deemed service process critical equipment’s and or any statutory requirements
- Develop and optimize the existing inspection program and execute improvements or repair with the Engineering and maintenance team
Inspection & Mitigation:
- Closely associate with various monitoring and protection programmes while coordinating and assisting inspections, surveys & work assessments of facilities; compile field data & report anomalies to the concerned departments and arrange for required maintenance.
- Analyse equipment threats and hazards and ensure implementation of standard operating procedures in order to maintain the integrity of all equipment and assure adherence to safety standards.
- Enhance the quality assurance and quality control of inspection operation
- Develop inspection standards and procedures, maintain a training program for internal and external employees, execute compliance audits and reviews
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
Material & manpower Requisitions
- Inspect the new material, equipment’s, spares etc in accordance with the material inspection report along with QA/QC.
- Review Man-hours & duration forecast for completion of any inspection activity.
- Check arriving materials to ensure that they match purchase orders and submit discrepancy reports when problems are found
- Discard or reject products, materials, or equipment not meeting specifications.
- Mark items with details such as grade or acceptance-rejection status.
- Review the maintenance history of the equipment’s along with the discipline engineers & production specialists and make basic subjective judgement on routine inspection result with change in preventive, corrective or overhauling maintenance plans .
Statement and Reports
- Create malfunction notification /Work order/ notification in SAP system & compile the reports after the execution
- Assist in preparing SOW, technical specification, method statement & QA/QC documentation for the purpose of reporting.
- Responsible for writing technical repair report & advise corrective measures to rectify as per the standards/ specification.
- Prepare RCA, RCFA, Vibration analysis report and corrective action if any.
Quality, Health, Safety, & Environment
Ensure compliance to all relevant quality, health, safety and environmental management procedures & controls in line with OSHA requirements for safety regulations across the function to guarantee employee safety, compliance, delivery of high quality products/service and a responsible environmental attitude.
- Substantial experience of 8 years plus for Engineering degree holders or 10 years for Diploma holders in O&G, Petrochemical Field.