Assists Head of Health & Safety in the formulation, development and implementation of safety programs & procedures in the plant.
Serves as the subject matter expert on occupational safety aspects focussed on incident and injury prevention. Provides appropriate advice, guidance, and counsel to all levels of the QSTec organization on occupational safety topics such as Job Safety Analysis/Risk Assessment, Permit to Work, Hot Work Isolation of Hazardous Energy, Confined Space Entry, Walking & Working Surfaces, Work at Height, Electrical Safety, Contractor Safety Management, Vehicle/Driving Safety, PPE etc.
Supports the facility with a strong presence in the field for on-site consultation and interpretations of safety requirements
Takes appropriate immediate intervention steps and brings to the attention of the respective area supervisor unsafe work conditions/ practices and worksite, and recommends improvements.
Develops and conducts training programs in safety principles and practices. Co-ordinates orientation programs aimed at promoting accident prevention among personnel including contractor.
Delivers effective presentations and clear communication to the facility.
Leads/facilitates/participates in incident investigation, prepares reports and follows-up on recommendations for its effective closure.
Leads/facilitates/participates required internal audits for Safety Procedures, Programs, Standards and regulatory agency inspections and audits.
Prepares and maintains proper safety performance reports/statistics as per company and regulatory requirements
Qualifications & Education Requirements:
- Degree / Diploma in Engineering (Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical) Industrial Safety & Health, Risk Management.
- NEBOSH IGC
- At least 5-years of working experience in operational petrochemical, refining, or chemical process industry.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office computer applications.
- Must be able to prepare and deliver effective presentations to different levels in organization.
- Ability to work with other groups, departments in a multi-cultural environment.
- Proficient in problem-solving and analysing emergency response issues, with the ability to effectively collaborate and work with company and external stakeholders