- Monitors work activities being performed within premises and ensures all applicable safety procedures are adhered to.
- Support Safety Officer with the implementation and monitoring of safe work practices, PTW monitoring, Behaviour Based Safety Process, incident reporting & investigation, safety statistics data.
- Provide day-to-day support for plant personnel & contractors, including participation in PPE assessments, Job Safety Analysis and workplace hazard assessments.
- Undertakes inspections, surveys and audits and produces reports.
- Liaises with all personnel to improve their safety awareness
- Assists in training activities.
- Supports Industrial Hygienist in the workplace surveys, e.g. Heat Stress monitoring, Noise Surveys, Lighting surveys,
- Supports Industrial Hygienist in respirator fit testing and associated record keeping.
Qualifications & Education Requirements:
- Diploma in Safety, Natural Science or Engineering
- NEBOSH IGC
- At least 3-years of working experience in operational petrochemical, refining, or chemical process industry.
- Must be customer focused and results driven, proficient in problem solving and analysing safety issues, with the ability to effectively collaborate and work with company and contractor personnel at various levels throughout the facility.
- Must have high levels of self-motivation and self-confidence.
- Good oral and written communication skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office computer applications.