|Back To Job Listings|
|Job Title||Electrical Technician|
|Short Description||To execute electrical equipment maintenance and troubleshooting activities for rotating, non-rotating, Electrical equipment for Polysilicon production equipment to assist electrical supervisor for planned, unplanned and day to day maintenance.|
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Perform routine condition monitoring Electrical equipment such as MV/LV switchgears, transformers, motors, UPS, Battery banks, DG sets, FW Diesel pump system, Reactor/convertors etc. with critical equipment and follow the maintenance procedures to ascertain that those are in good working condition.
· Able to review the electrical drawings such as SLD, Schemes to troubleshoot/fault analysis.
· Responsible for electrical field maintenance and repair practices for Cable faults, joints, HT/LT Exd motors, Power and Distribution oil filled and dry type Transformers, Protection Systems, MV/LV Switch Gears, ATS scheme, MCC, AC/DC UPS with Battery banks, DG sets, VFD, Soft starters, Thyristor panels, Soft-starters, Electrical heaters, lighting/small power, street lighting and temporary power supply systems etc.
· Aware of construction and commissioning activities such as 33kV,10kV MV and LV cable installation/testing, Transformers, Motors Installation, Panel assembly and wiring hook-up.
· Able to test IR with 5kV IR tester and able to perform 33kV switchgear CB rack-in, rack-out and service operations, preferably Tamco Malaysia MV switchgears.
· Perform Testing and ensure that test equipment is well maintained, calibrated as per recommended approved frequency.
· Able to work in shifts with multi- disciplinary field within maintenance department
· Perform repair and maintenance of power tools, rotating and non-rotating electrical equipment.
· Diploma in Electrical Engineering as minimum
· 7 plus years of experience as an Electrical Technician in any Polysilicon Plant, Petrochemical, Oil/Gas or Chemical plants.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
· Familiar with SAP/similar maintenance tools and its functions for PM, CM and predictive maintenance tasks
· Knowledge in Electrical Testing, Circuit Trouble Shooting, review electrical scheme, drawings, Diagnose, fault finding techniques and various site repairs/refurbishment.
· Knowledge on programming, setting of Numerical relays preferably SEL, Alstom, ABB /Siemens
· Excellent in oral & written English, review and understands SLD, P&ID, isometrics & QA/QC system
· Familiar with IEC, ISA, and NFPA Standards. Good knowledge of OSHA requirement for safety regulation.
· Good knowledge on company Standard Permit to Work(PTW) procedure & QA/QC system
· Working knowledge on Microsoft office – outlook, excel and word
· Working Understanding of DCS / PLC control system and instrumentation is a plus
· Timely response to PM work orders in accordance to routine maintenance work orders, ascertaining their priority and close out actions.
· Receive/develop work request from Electrical Supervisor / planner. Attends directly to requests from various department to facilitate Maintenance.
|Back To Job Listings|