|Back To Job Listings|
|Job Title||Workshop Engineer|
|Short Description|| Responsible for the maintenance and overhauling of HVAC system across QSTec production facilities in compliance with annual, routine and unplanned maintenance works ensuring reliability, integrity, uninterrupted operations and sustenance of high productivity standards
Responsible for the day to day safe running of the workshop including managing the tool room, plant scaffolding and insulation workorders, workshop machineries and external overhauling services contract.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for providing a full range of maintenance services to plant maintenance crew such as minor fabrication, machining, mobile equipment maintenance and external valve/ motor overhauling services
· Monitor and the activities and work quality of subordinates in the workshop to ensure that all work within the section is carried out in an efficient and procedurally compliant manner
· Coordinate outsourcing requirements to meet additional workloads and specialized jobs.
· Coordinate action for replacements or obsolete equipment and develop repair strategies for corrective action under the workshop repairs.
· Provide technical advice on development proposals involving modifications or additions to existing systems and ensure implementation of QSTec policies and procedures
· Review on going workshop maintenance and repair projects and provide engineering support for their completion.
· Participate in the procurement activities through Technical Review, order finalization and follow up for timely delivery & availability.
· Schedule daily workload and generates work schedule plans.
· Prepare requisitions for the issue of correct materials, tools and safety equipment.
· Manage the tool room including the periodic calibration of all precision and calibration tools & mobile equipment’s like trucks, DG, hydraulic pumps, AOD pumps etc.
· Conduct work safety awareness programs for company and contract subordinates.
· Analyse equipment threats and hazards and ensure implementation of standard operating procedures in order to maintain the integrity of all equipment and assure adherence to safety standards.
· Enhance the quality assurance and quality control of inspection operation
· Understand contractual and job requirements to ensure the estimates are in accordance with company budgets
· Identifies material/equipment required for any sectional maintenance activities according to preventive maintenance schedule, work requisitions and coordinates in the timely availability of all requirements.
· Review Man-hours & duration forecast for completion of any maintenance activity
§ Substantial experience of 8 years plus for Engineering degree holders or 10 years for Diploma holders in O&G, Petrochemical Field.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
· Strong Technical skills in HVAC models, air / hydraulic balancing & Technical training
· Ability to make timely decisions
· Communication and reporting skills
· Ability to plan ahead
· Strong innovative & leadership skills & able to handle multi task/priorities
· Analytical and problem solving
|Back To Job Listings|