|Back To Job Listings|
|Job Title||Legal Counsel|
|Short Description||To provide advice on legal aspects of all Company’s activities and draw up legal documents of the Company upon the direction of General Counsel.|
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide legal advice on all legal issues and review documents referred by the General Counsel.
· Review and draft policies and regulations to ensure consistency with applicable law.
· Perform other similar or related duties such as interpreting laws, keeping abreast of legislation and follow up legal suits and arbitration to which the Company is a party.
· Draft, review and negotiate all contractual arrangements, including those with contractors, customers, consultants, suppliers, lessors, shippers, Charterers, Buyers, Lenders, etc.
· Develop standard agreements and review all agreements to ensure company is protected legally.
· Study Constitution, statutes, decisions, regulations, and ordinances of quasi-judicial bodies to determine ramifications for legal issues related to the company.
· Prepare and draft legal document like legal memoranda, letters, deeds, mortgages, leases, and contracts, etc.
· Conduct computerized and non-computerized legal research.
· Prepare draft and final versions of written work product.
· Interpret laws, rulings and regulations for the Company.
· Analyze the probable outcomes of cases, using knowledge of legal precedents.
· Attend meetings on behalf of the General Counsel
· To carry out any other duty as may be assigned by the General Counsel from time to time
· Graduation in law (LL.B) from a recognized university; Master in Law (LL.M) preferable
· 7 years of substantial experience in the practice of law after admittance as a lawyer.
Skills, Capabilities and Languages:
· Should be detail-oriented, analytical and creative using extensive research and logic.
· Excellent writing, oral and interpersonal communication skills and comfortable presenting in front of small and large groups.
· Knowledge concerning legal issues involving governmental entities.
· Ability to learn and gain expertise in new areas of legal specialization according to the situation.
· Ability to conduct accurate, highest-quality legal research, both computerized and non-computerized.
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
· Ability to use good judgment and discretion.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality.
· Understanding of legal ethics.
· Ability to perform word processing on a PC with accuracy and efficiency.
· Ability to manage time effectively to meet deadlines.
· Ability to work effectively, both independently and as a team member.
· Analytical and problem solving skills
· Work load management
· Excellent knowledge of English language, Arabic preferable
|Back To Job Listings|